Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sangeetha plays prostitute with ease


Comparing me with Kareena Kapoor is a compliment,” said Sangeetha reliving the moments of Dhanam, a Tamil film, in which she plays a prostitute, who is driven by circumstances into the world’s oldest profession. Sangeetha said that she did not do any homework. Keeping away from any self-inflicted pressure, Sangeetha owed it to the late cameraman-director Jeeva for instiling the clear vision of the character.

“We had a chat before the take-off where Jeeva suggested some subtle changes to my gait and he asked me to have an alluring look in my eyes. I even bit my lips as suggested by some of the unit members,” said Sangeetha in a lighter tone. For Sangeetha, every role is a challenge giving new dimension to her personality. “At the end of the day when you live with that role, perfection cannot be far behind,” reasons out Sangeetha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers